Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Evening

Mid-morning today, my daughter asked me to go to see a movie, so I went with her for a girls morning out. Since we were at the movie we had to turn our phones on silent. About the time the previews came on I felt like my heart was aching. I was feeling really sad and realized that I had run out of the house without doing my ritual of protecting myself. I do this every day since I am empathic and pick up other people's emotions and have to sort out who's is who's.

As I quickly did my little ritual, I had the distinct feeling that someone was thinking of me and looked down in my purse where I saw a light glowing. I knew then that someone was trying to call me and I needed to answer. Excusing myself I quickly went out into the hallway to call back the number but found a message. It was from a friend who wanted to share some very distressing news. I quickly texted them back and as soon as I responded the heart ache went away.

I could feel some relief as they knew where I was and they were OK.... going back into the movie I was able to enjoy the time I had with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment