Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wednesday

Dear Diary,

Yesterday I was coming home from having lunch out with a friend and decided to take the scenic route home. As I turned off from the highway onto the side road, over to the left ahead of me, I saw a jockey riding a sorrel race horse. There was no doubt in my mind what I was seeing. The jockey was in a red and white uniform and the horse had his ankles taped up. They were walking briskly beside the road minding their own business heading in the same direction I that I was driving in.

 The thought that immediately struck me was how odd it was for them to be there, of all places. I was in Mansfield and I didn't think there was a race track anywhere near. As I passed by them they disappeared from sight. I looked back in my rear view mirror searching for them on the road but they were gone. The whole incident took me a little by surprise as they looked so real. As I made my way back to the house I thought about what I saw and wondered about their story. I spent the rest of the day spending time with my daughter and playing with the pets who wanted our attention. There seemed to be a lot of activity in the house when we were in the living room but the ghosts pretty much kept to themselves.

The strange thing is that for the past week I keep feeling that I need to look up a book that I read many years ago called The People of the Lie, by  M. Scott. Peck, M. D. It has been years since I read it so I don't remember exactly what it was about. I just keep feeling a nudge to read it again. Years ago a dear friend suggested it as a good read when I was learning about ghosts. All I remember is that it spooked me when I read it back then. Last night as I was looking through the book I have to say it still didn't help to spark my memory but there may be something useful that I need to refresh on down the road so I am attempting to reread it.

Photograph #1 by Steve Noyce, Scotland, UK
Photograph #2 by Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment