Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday

Dear Diary,

I woke up in the middle of the night with the intense feeling as if someone was standing next to the bed. When I finally opened my eyes it felt as if someone had crushed all of my bones. I rolled over and woke my husband up who touched my forehead. He quickly got up and found a thermometer taking my temperature that registered 102 degrees. In a daze I gratefully accepted the Tylenol and water that he offered. Then after a while he came back to bed finding a comfortable position facing the other way and falling asleep.

I laid there in the dark trying desperately to go back to sleep but still had the sensation that someone was watching me on my side of the bed. I didn't want to open my eyes still hoping that sleep would mercifully take me away. Then I heard a voice that wasn't my husband's say, "There now, you will feel better." In my mind I acknowledged that someone was in the room then fell into a deep sleep, sleeping through the rest of the night. This morning when I awoke the fever had broken and my husband was getting ready for work. After checking on me he left and the house seemed quiet except for the pets who were letting me know they were ready for breakfast.

Photograph by Ana - Tuscany, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment