Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday "Puppy"

Dear Diary,

Easter Sunday was a wonderful day with our kids gathered at the house enjoying the day together. My husband and son are exceptional cooks and they ended up cooking an amazing meal for the rest of us. As it turned out to be a beautiful day, we ended up eating a late lunch out on the patio among the roses, and plants that surround it.  Later we took the dogs for a walk only to take refuge under a tree as we got stuck half way home when it started to hail. The hail was pea sized so we were good and it didn't last long. It did however end up raining hard right after so we had to run and take refuge under someone's pouch until it stopped which wasn't long after it started. The rest of the walk was playing in puddles and enjoying the water glistening on the road, sidewalk and leaves of the trees.

I am learning a lot from our son's new dog.  With our own animals I have gotten so used to their cues that it is all second nature and I don't even think about it when I am with them. Now with a year old Labrador Retriever more puppy than adult I have to be on alert with him all the time as all of our animals are small. He is a hyper giant compared to the others.

These last few days have been working on introducing him to the other animals who are not sure what to think about him being apart of the family. I am finding that I am having to watch my energy around him as he picks up on it reading me and responding before my brain can wrap around his reaction.

On the bright side I do find that I had become lazy with my own energy when I am at home and now I am having to be more aware. Last night I took a break from him and was hanging out upstairs with the cats who refuse to come downstairs watching TV with them when I noticed some white smoke moving around the room. I had to laugh as someone tried to materialize while I was sitting there. I could feel ghosts in the room who seemed to be all hanging out with the cats upstairs. When it was time to go to bed I said goodnight to everyone and left the room thinking how funny it was that even the ghosts who like to visits were taking refuge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment