Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday "Clairalience"

Dear Diary,

 When I was ten I remember living in our house on Washburn Ave. in Fort Worth, TX and smelling a sickly sweet smell  sometimes when I opened the closest in my bedroom. The smell was very strong, and I would notice it when I was pulling out my toys, or stuffed animals that I kept there for safe keeping. It was when I sat down to play in my room that the smell would seem to surround me. Often it was so strong that it seemed to almost envelop me.

 Along with this smell I would also feel a heavy presence of something in the room with me. I always knew there were more then one presence that was there with me as I played with my toys trying to ignore the awful smell. Sometimes it was so pungent which would annoy me so much that it would drive me out of the room to escape it. I have to say that I didn't smell it in any of the other rooms of the house and on numerous occasions I tried to locate the source.  After searching the room, and the house I never found it.

It was wasn't until we were studying mummies at school that I learned that decaying bodies have this sickly sweet smell. Later when I was home and the smell came around me I knew at once what it was. There was no question and I was able to validate that I was not making it up. I always felt like I was being watched and felt the other presences in the room that I associated with the smell. For some reason they would come to hang out around me when I was opening the closet. I wasn't ever afraid only I knew I wasn't the only person in the room. I never knew why they came because at that time in my life I didn't know I could ask, or communicate with the other side.


It was much later that I learned about the gift of Clairalience which is gift of physic smell that it all started to make since to me. It has been a long time since I have smelled the sickly sweet smell. I do however now seem to smell more perfume, or cigarettes when I get visits.   

No comments:

Post a Comment