Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday

Dear Diary,

I got to spend the weekend at a wonderful workshop so I did not have time to check in. Early Sat morning before I left to get on the road I was getting dressed and found one of Steve's shirts in my closet and thought in 20 years he has never done this...only that he must have not been thinking and hung it up in my closet by mistake. A small voice went through my mind... A ghost? Naaaaa......

I must admit I was in a hurry and hung it on his closet door for him to hang up later in the day and ran off to meet my class. The funny part is that later in the evening when I returned home and was getting ready for bed his shirt was still hanging on his door. So I just hung it up for him wondering why he did not hang it up....

That evening we were talking and decided to close and lock our door so we would not be disturbed even though our daughter is in California and our son was working late. Our children have a habit of knocking very loudly on the door if they find it closed and locked. I made a slight joke to Steve that you never know when they would come in and bang on the door....

As we were joking around about it someone knocked very loudly three times on the door. I laughed and called out to our son...no answer. Steve and I combed the house looking for him but no one but us was in the house... His car was not even in the drive way. Hmmmm.... this time Steve herd it to and could not say It was just me! Our son called an hour later asking to stay with a friend and was not coming home for the night....

The next morning I got up to get dressed and found another one of Steve's shirts in my closet only this time I went and got him and asked if he put it in my closet. Our son was still over at his friend's home. "No", I did not!" Steve replied and I told him about the other day... My son was driving up and I asked him about it which he thought I was nuts!

Hmmmmm..... We have a prankster in the house....

Monday I spent with a dear friend who is planning to sit on the roof of a little Methodist church on Sat Aug 27 and will not come down until she raises 10,000 lbs of food and awareness for the hunger in our area.... It looks to be quite an event and I was honoured to sit at one of the planning meetings... It is just soooo hot in this Texas heat in Aug... on a roof.... My prayers are with her....

No comments:

Post a Comment