Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday "Pets"

Dear Diary,

I just wanted to make a note that today is Father's Day. We will be celebrating Father's day today with our children. I love the holidays!

Something I do want to record is that on Friday when I was in the living room walking by the couch the form of a big dog shot out from behind it running past me as I was picking up the room. Now we have a big dog but this was different as this dog was transparent and looked a lot like our dog Sage who passed away last October. I stood there for a moment taking in what I had just seen when I realized what I had seen.

To be honest I have not had a lot of visits from Sage since she died. I have only seen her a few times this past year so it surprised me that she was hanging out in the house. When she passed on she was so happy to be free of her old body as she was 17 when she passed and had had a stroke so it was hard for her to get around.

 Two of my cats when they died used to come and visit us while my husband and I were in bed by jumping on the bed and walking on us. They would also be seen running around the house.  Often I would see the other cats and dogs who were still living playing with them as if the cats were still living. Close friends and some of our family members would see them in the house when they visited asking about the cats wondering about them.

Six months after Allie my cat of 17 years passed away we were invited to go to India in 2010 to attend a wedding. One night I was awakened by a cat jumping on the bed and walking on my body just like my cat used to do while I laying in bed. I was fully awake and remembered checking to make sure. My cat Allie would always come and visit me in the middle of the night to get some extra attention and love as it was our normal routine for many years. Our friends who we stayed with in India didn't have any pets and the windows were all bared with little space for a cat to pass through so there was no way for a cat to get into the room. I enjoyed her company that night and fell back to sleep only to awaken the next morning noticing that she gone. I had no doubt that it was her and that she loved me dearly as she found me even as far away as India.

Yesterday when I was standing in the living room talking to my son a smokey figure of a man casually strolled by behind him. My son never knew he was there and never paused in our conversation as if he knew he had walked by. My only thought was that it is funny that people are not aware of all the activity that is going on around them as life continues on as though nothing had happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment