Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday "A Little Song"

Dear Diary,

This week as I was running around doing my errands I was listening to the radio. I happen to come across the last part of an interview with Meghan Trainor. She was talking about a song that she wrote with her producer. She was telling about how her producer approached her with this wonderful beat and they got together writing this song in 8 minutes. They then recorded calling it "All About the Bass". Then the radio announcer went on to tell how many people had called in letting him how much they loved the song. This made me all the more curious so I waited for them to play it, which they did.

My first response was that it was a catchy tune and I really liked her voice. It was when I listened to the words I was at first really shocked but then very delighted at the same time. It was a message that went out to the world about being okay with your body. As I listen I realized that the song was taking a touchy subject for most people about body image and creating a fun entertaining way of letting people know it is okay to be proud of who you are. I had to say that I couldn't wait to get home and Google it sending it out to all my friends in an email. The response I got was lovely as they sent back emails laughing with smiley faces. Some of my friends let me know it was already their favorite song.

Here is the YouTube video with Meghan Trainor singing, "All About the Bass".

No comments:

Post a Comment