Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday

Dear Diary,

I have to say that even though my husband and I just got back from a trip we got a little cabin fever on Saturday and decided to take a long drive out in the county. We were both in the mood for an adventure and wanted to go out of our way to find a place that we hadn't seen before. The color of the trees changing for the fall only added to our great since of excitement that enhanced our appreciation for the season. As we drove I was very content as we followed winding roads taking extra time to stop at little shops while eating what ever we wanted.

Later in the afternoon on our drive home we got lost only to come upon a road that immediately gave me a strong sense of deja vu. I tried desperately to remember what it was that I had forgotten but it wouldn't come. It was only when I let my energy flow freely trying not to force my memory that my mind relaxed enough spitting out a very vivid memory of a dream that I had years ago.

It all came flooding back in great detail unfolding before me. I watched in fascination as the characters that participated in the dream come to life on the side of the road. The whole experience was a lot like watching a movie but I was apart of it just like I was in the dream driving by. All I could feel was astonishment as the memory of the dream and interacting with it was so real. My husband knew I was somewhere else as I told him about what was going on. After awhile he turned on the GPS to get back home. It was starting to get late and I needed to break from the dream.

When we got home we were greeted by over eager pets who were thrilled that we had decided to come back. They all followed us around the house the rest of the evening not letting us out of their sight. I don't blame them after our last trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment