Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday

Dear Diary,

I was awakened this morning by the Siamese cat, head bumping my hand wanting me to pet her. When I looked at the clock it was almost seven am, late for us who usually like to start the day early. We have had family in town so we have been really busy with them trying to get our time in to be together before they leave and head back to California. I am not used to all the activities during the day and was still groggy from the deep sleep after being woke up at three in the morning. I am not sure what roused me from my sleep but as soon as I sat up in bed to check the time I remembered to scan the room.

This time when I did I saw a shadow in the shape of a big man (ghost) standing in the open doorway of the room staring at us watching us sleep. The light from the nightlight in the other room shinned around his silhouette. I wasn't frightened as I could feel there was no malice towards us only a heavy since of curiosity that we were there. I smiled at him and let him know he was welcomed and quickly went over a few house rules. He could stay as long as he didn't create any disharmony in the house. I don't mind the ghosts stopping by or being here but I want them to remember to be respectful of the living. Usually I don't have a problem but every once in a while something happens and things can get a little out of hand.

I want to say that I do miss them when I don't have some sort of contact as they have become a part of my life since I was very small. For me not to have some kind of interaction with ghosts or the other side is like waking up one day and there were no cars in the world. It's just strange not to have them around so I was happy to have a visitor since it had been quiet during this time of the new moon.

Photographs by Steve Noyce - Taos, NM

No comments:

Post a Comment