Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday

Dear Diary,

I have been enjoying visiting family out in CA this weekend for the holiday. On a few occasions I have been taking a little time to myself to do some writing so I can keep up with my own journals. That is when one of my younger nieces found me in my cubbyhole and started to try sounding out what I was writing as she is learning how to read. Since I was writing about ghosts the word surprised her a little when she came upon it. Like all children she was curious and asked me why I was writing about ghosts so I told her that I try to keep a record of when I see them and what they are doing when I see them.

 She then asked me if ghosts were bad. I explained to her that ghosts are a lot like people that we come across in our lives and there are some that we need to be extra cautious of and others that are very nice. The other side is a reflection of this side and we don't have to be afraid of them but we can be aware of them. I also reminded her that just like people there are ghosts everywhere and not confined to one place. She then decided to let me know that she had seen a ghosts and told me how and where she had her own encounter.

Photographs by Steve Noyce - Malibu, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment