Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wednesday

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was a good day to catch up on my house work and since I had noticed a bunch of leaves gathering at the front door I decided to sweep off the front porch. The dogs were excited and watched me for awhile then got bored and went off somewhere in the house to take their afternoon naps. I went back inside to the kitchen to find a bag to put the leaves in and on my way back through the living room I ran into a rather large man standing there by the couch.

My first reaction was to freeze as an electrical current shot through my spine alerting me that someone was not supposed to be there. Startled I realized that it wasn't a person who had entered the house but a ghost. The man had a round belly and was tall somewhere around six foot something. As I made the realization that I was seeing a ghost he faded from my sight. Sighing in relief I went on back outside to clean up the leaves and then come in to do the rest of my house work not giving it a second thought until last night.

My family were busy upstairs occupying themselves and I was downstairs doing dishes in the kitchen when I heard my cat complaining making a ruckus in the living room. I dried off my hands and poked my head around the corner to see what all the commotion was about when again I saw my visitor standing in the same place taking a long survey of the living room. I let my cat know that it was okay and went back to my dishes. She stopped complaining and found me in the kitchen soon after as she headed off into another room still upset.

Later when I was getting ready for bed and was brushing my teeth I thought I heard something in the bedroom. As I rounded the corner into the bedroom from the bathroom I run into the same ghost. This time I startled him and he disappeared not to be seen for the rest of the evening. I slept well all night and was not bothered by any disturbances from any nightly visitors. It wasn't until this morning that it downed on me who my visitor was. I realized that he was the ghost who likes to hang out on the front porch and plays around with the light. Yesterday he had made his way into the house when I was cleaning the porch. I must have disturbed him by sweeping and he went in to get away from me.

I have not seen a trace of him this morning so I must have really scared him by running into him last night. You know ghosts are just like us and sometimes the living can be just as scary for them as they can be for us. I have decided that if he comes back I will see if he wants to talk about crossing over.

Photograph by Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment