Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1

Dear Diary,

Today I had an appointment in Terrell and was driving this morning from Arlington listening to one of my books on my I-pod. I was about 30 minutes into the drive when I realized I could hear someone singing. Since it was highway and we were moving along the road at regular speed without a lot of cars, I thought it rather odd. I turned off the I-pod and checked to see if the radio was on. No, luck. it was not on and there was still singing coming in from somewhere.

I drove on towards my destination hearing a women singing solo, and every once in a while, harmonising with other vocals. The voice was beautiful and I found myself listening just to the tones of her voice. The song was something very old like what you might hear in an old church on "Little House on the Prairie." After about ten minute,s it faded away and I could not pick it up with my ears.

What was strange, was that I was not sure if I was hearing with my actual ears. Later today, I searched my car for a radio or another I-pod and found nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment