Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sat

I was honoured to meet this man who confessed that they had found peace through forgiveness. What struck me about this person was the question they asked. Has anyone in your life ever told you that you had to kill someone? Now that may sound strange but he was drafted at the age of 19 in a war. I realized then that one of the biggest sacrifices in some of our young soldiers is a wounding of their soul as they had to forget all they were taught and go out and kill.

Sometimes to look at something from a different perspective changes the way we see things. As he talked he said that the anger of being made to kill and anger at himself from killing was so great. But the beauty of it all was the peace that he found in forgiveness and his relationship with the Creator. Through his connection he was able to forgive himself first and then worked his way through the pain and anger. When you listened to the story you could hear a peace that he carried and an even greater wisdom.

One of my friends from the circle daughter was in Hospice these past few weeks. She passed away this Wed. My husband was at a memorial for his Uncle and I went to the funeral for my friend's daughter today. In all of this the relationships we have with one another are so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment