Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday

Dear Diary,

It has been at least five days since I last wrote. We have been busy with Spring Break coming to an end. I have to admit that I have had a wonderful time with all the friends and family that we have enjoyed hanging out with.  The kids start school tomorrow so we are back on schedule.


I have to record that Thursday my husband and I both woke up only to discover that we had shared the same experience in our dreams. We ended up being at the same place at the same time on the other side. The best part of the whole experience is that it made an impression on Steve.  It's always nice when he gets that Wow moment.

Yesterday we had a funeral in the morning and a birthday party in the evening.  It has been like that since March hit with 6 birthdays, spring break and then the funeral. I have been so busy with enjoying the kids home from school but have neglected my writing.

At the funeral I was listening to the eulogy when I noticed the husband of our friend who had passed away standing next to the pastor. When his son stood up to speak he was right directly behind him listening attentively to what the son was saying about him. I don't know why I think it is funny when people show up for their own funerals. As I looked around the room taking a moment to myself I noticed that other people had different lights and spirits around them. Later I had time to catch up with what everyone is doing as it has been awhile since I have seen everyone in that group of friends from the church.

 This morning as I started to wake up I had a quick visit from my friend's husband who's funeral we were at along with my dog who passed away last October. It wasn't anything major just showing themselves in full view doing well. I knew from the visits that it was appreciated that we went yesterday and that we are thought of on the other side.  It was nice to say hi.

 Well, as I look at my schedule now I realize that I have one more week to finish the edits on the book to make my deadline. After today the last day of Spring Break I had better get busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment