Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday

Dear Diary,

It has been a busy weekend. I have been visiting my friend Robin while she has been sitting on the roof of a church in Arlington, TX. It was funny when I was leaving on Saturday to visit her that morning a man (ghost) was standing in the kitchen watching me grab my keys to leave. I was in a hurry so I didn't stop to chat. Then as I was backing out in the driveway another man (ghost) was standing in the yard watching me drive away. It kind of surprised me but again I was leaving and didn't stop.

When I got to the church I visited with the volunteers and then went to find the water fountain in one of the side hallways. That is when I ran right into another ghost standing in the atrium. He wasn't looking at me and seemed to be preoccupied watching Robin's team greeting people dropping off food for the "Robin on the Roof" event. When he did finally notice me (ghost) he gave me a look before he disappeared as if saying, "See ya!"  I went on to quench my thirst and then went back out to hang out with the volunteers.

Yesterday was Sunday and I stopped by the church a few times to check on my friend and see if she needed anything. I didn't notice any other ghost activity until last night around 10 pm. I was there when they were locking up the church and had climbed down from the ladder to go home. It was then that caught a ghost leaning out of the window looking to see what we were doing. It made me laugh and this time I said, hello but he leaned back into the closed window of the church. It reminded me of someone leaning out from a pew trying to get a better view of someone walking by. I said my goodbye to my friend on the roof for the night and then went on my way.

Today I hope my friend reaches her goal. It's getting really hot on the roof with the Texas heat and it is even hotter on the roof with the heat radiating off the shingles. She is getting close to her goal...

Photographs by Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment