Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday

Dear Diary,

I have to say with our daughter home this weekend it was really quiet except for yesterday when everyone went to the movies and I decided to stay home. I was alone enjoying my time alone with the pets and doing some light house cleaning. As I was tidying up the house I thought about some of the ghosts who have come through our home. I then made the statement out loud that it was a good time for me to talk to anyone who wanted to make themselves known. Right after I said that I stepped out into the kitchen and there in the doorway were two ghosts standing there not moving but staring directly at me.

It kind of surprised me that it happened so quickly and I averted my gaze only to be curious enough to look back at them. Sure enough they were still there not moving but continuing to watch me. I would describe these two as looking like a clear thick vapor on a hot road. I could see through them but it was distorted. One was taller than the other and I got the feeling that one of them was a child who stood closer to me. I greeted them realizing that I had asked them to make themselves known so I didn't want to be rude. In a welcoming voice I said out loud that I would be happy to talk with them but neither of them moved or made a sound. Okay I thought, have it your way, and I went about my cleaning in the other room taking a different route so not to disturb them.

When I came back into the kitchen they were still there as if no time had passed still standing in the same positions not moving. This made me wonder why they were there. When everyone came home from the movies the two ghosts were gone and I didn't see them again until I was climbing into bed.That is when I felt as if I was being watched and then saw the taller one staring at me from just inside the doorway of the bathroom materializing and then disappearing several times letting me know she was there. I gave up trying to communicate with her saying goodnight then turning out the lights and going to sleep. This morning I haven't seen either one of them.

Photographs by Steve Noyce - Tuscany, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment