Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday "Event Planning"

Dear Diary,

 This week I have been really working on helping my friend Robin with the "Robin on the Roof" event. This is her fifth year to do the event, and is now moving it all to be hosted by another church. What we are finding out is that there is a lot of preliminary work which is involved as we are training new volunteers on how to host the event.

Just to catch you up in case you are unfamiliar with "Robin on the Roof" Each year Robin goes on the roof on the last weekend of May, and stays there until she has met the goal of whatever the pounds of food she sets for the year to help bring awareness to hunger in the world. This year Robin has made the decision with the blessing of her previous host church to expand her wings, and fly to another church who has offered to host the event in Arlington, TX. Her plans are to go up on the roof on Friday, May 30th at 9am, and not come down until she has met her goal to raise 85,000 pounds of food. This can be donated as food goods, or money donations which will go directly to the food pantries, and food banks. So you know... A donation of one dollar equals 5 pounds of food. The event is not limited to venue, but is world wide as she encourages people all over the world to donate, and help those in need of food.

To learn more about the event please go to her "Robin on the Roof" Facebook, or you can look up the article that I wrote on my other blog-site  "Artini Healing Arts" blog under "Robin on the Roof". (The picture above is a picture I took of Robin last year sitting on the roof.)

After spending hours working on the event planning my brain was mushy. Yesterday I woke up still dazed with all the ideas, and wonderful people that are stepping up to help make the event a success. As I was drinking my coffee, and hanging out with the dogs I realized that I was not really in my body. It was then that I began to explore, and really pay close attention to where I was that I knew consciously I wasn't in my body at all. I ended up being somewhere else in the room watching me drink the coffee that was on autopilot.

I decided then to ask myself what I was doing only to find that I had given myself a break from all the event planning, by vacating the premises, which was me. When I checked, I understood that I no longer worried about the event, or what was going on in the physical world, I was just enjoying being. I could feel, and knew there were different energy doorways I could follow which would lead me away from my own body, but chose to stick around. I decided to relax my thinking into where I was, allowing myself to come back when I was ready to merge back into myself. After sometime which I can't really tell you how long I noticed I was grounded, and well within my own body once again. One of the clues was that I could see out of my physical eyes again, and taste the coffee I was drinking. I went about the rest of the day working on the "Robin on the Roof" event, but took time out for myself. I even ended up having lunch with a dear friend to catch up on the other parts of life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment