Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday " A Bit of Humor"

Dear Diary,

"Ouch!," I hollered at my husband as I was bending over to pick up something in the living room. It took me by surprise. He answered me immediately, "What are you talking about?" "You pinched me!," I said a little annoyed. "No, I didn't!," he said, "I was working on my laptop and it is physically impossible for me to do that from where I am sitting." "Oh?," I said looking at him realizing that he was right as there was no way he could have done that with everything in his lap. Then it hit me. If it wasn't him and there was no one else in the room then it most have been a spirit. Great! Thanks a lot to whoever is in the room, I thought as it was a full pinch. 

This only happened a few days ago and was not the first time that a spirit has physically touched me or pinched me. I have had pranksters in the past wanting to have fun when I was in their territory. Now I am home and someone has a huge since of humor. On one occasion I went to met up with some friends for a drumming circle and had taken my big sweater with a hood on the back. It was late fall and was a little on the chilly side or at least chilly for us Texans. We were all settled in a circle with our drums when someone pulled on my hood that was resting on my back. I turned around knowing that everyone in the room was in the circle where I could see them but wondering if someone slipped in without me knowing. Sure enough there was no one behind me or in the room who wasn't in the circle. I decided to ignore it but again someone tugged on my sweater's hood. Only by reflex did I look around finding no one there.

I decided once again to ignore whoever was there having fun with me and concentrate on my drumming in the circle. This time there was no denying it as my sweater was fully yanked on. When this happened I couldn't help myself and broke out in a full belly laugh as I knew someone on the other side wanted to play. I acknowledged the playful spirit as we continued to drum all the while keeping up with the other drummers. That is when I heard laughing from behind me as I felt pure joy beaming at me and then I was left to my own.

"Yes," the answer is yes, if you want to know if spirits have a since of humor. They do and just because they don't have a body doesn't mean that they get all serous if they weren't serious in life. They keep whatever personalities they had before they died. The only time it changes is if they get soured by being stuck too long in the in between world of ours and the light which can take it's own toll.  

No comments:

Post a Comment