Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday


Dear Diary,

I have been really busy trying to take care of my sick family and catch up on house work. Since I've been home it has been really quite around the house as far as ghosts are concerned, so much I wondered if they had become shy since I had been gone for awhile. I almost forgot about them with all the distractions of the physical world around me.

Then last night I decided to go upstairs to pick up and straighten some of the rooms. My little cat had followed me curious what I was up to. She did some complaining and talking as we climbed the stairs letting me know how unhappy she was that I had left. My husband and daughter were downstairs watching TV and it seemed to be the perfect time to slip away. My cat and I parted ways once we reached the top of the stairs. She went on to do whatever she does when she is up there. Later I was in one of the rooms when I saw her walk by the doorway going about her own business. I couldn't help smiling happy for some company, thinking how nice it was to be home when I suddenly caught sight of someone walking past the door following my cat. It kind of startled me as I knew we were the only ones upstairs.

After taking a moment allowing my brain to analyze what I was seeing I walked out of the room and saw my cat sitting by the bathroom door looking at me as if she was wondering what just happened. Curious I walked downstairs and could hear both my husband and daughter laughing at the show they were watching. I knew then that it was a ghost that had followed my cat.

A few hours later when I got into bed I was tired so I laid my head on my pillow and closed my eyes. It was then that all these images of people who kept popping up and I could hear all kinds of conversations around me. A few minutes later my husband climbed into bed saying goodnight and when he did I opened my eyes to respond. When I did that it broke the connection I had. It was like closing a door to a busy cafetiere where lots of people are talking. We said goodnight and I closed my eyes to relax when I started seeing images again flashing in front of my face of different people all talking at once trying to get close.

That was about the time our daughter walked into the bedroom to say goodnight so I opened my eyes only to have the same thing happen that happened the last time. It was quite as long as I had my eyes open and wasn't relaxed. As soon as I closed my eyes and relaxed it was loud and busy. When our daughter left I told my husband what was happening and we agreed that I needed my sleep but had to bypass the stage in-between to move on to get some rest. Somehow I was slipping into Twilight which was too busy and I was too tired to communicate. Finally I closed my eyes with the intention to sleep and to skip the twilight stage. This time it worked and as I went into twilight I was able to quickly move on into the dream state waking up this morning rested.

1st photo by Steve in San Francisco, 2nd photo by Ana in England at Stonehenge

No comments:

Post a Comment