Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday

Dear Diary,

I woke up the other morning realizing I was not in my own bed. I remembered then that I was at my mom's in California. I rolled over checking the clock seeing that it was three in the morning so I laid there wondering what to do. It was still too early to call my husband back in Texas and talk before everyone was up. After realizing this I decide to go back to sleep.

a few hours later I woke up again around five am laying there wondering what to do when a young Spanish man out of the blue started to talk to me telling me that he had been killed at a convenience store that he worked at. As he talked an older man in his late 70's started to talk about his wife who had died and how much he missed her. (Both were ghosts) While he talked a women who looked to be in her late 50's wearing a blue jean dress that was belted in the waist started to show me her hair that was salt and pepper pulled up in a bun. As she showed me her hair a young man dressed in a tan suit that looked like something out of the mid 70's walked up stopping for only a moment then went on not saying a word. He seemed to be in his mid 20's with an Afro.

Around that time I heard the coffee pot turn on and I knew my mom was up making coffee. I quickly opened my eyes still hearing people talking in the background as I jumped up to grab my robe. Making my way out the door the ghosts didn't seem to want to follow. Mom was in the kitchen. Sure enough when she saw me she offered me some rolls from the bakery and I took them gratefully as we visited waiting on the coffee. She asked how I slept and I told her that she had a lot of visitors in her home and they were happy to have the company.

Photograph by Ana taken in LA 

No comments:

Post a Comment