Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday

Dear Diary,

It has been busy around the house lately as we have been dog sitting for our son this week. His dog is just now coming out of the puppy stage but I still have to always keep my eye on him. I was told by a friend that Labradors take at least two years to calm down. I believe her. He just has so much energy!  Lately I have found that our other pets like to spend their days upstairs away from all the excitement.

I do think it is funny that when we are babysitting the big dog the ghosts seem to always keep a low profile in the house. I have to admit I was a little surprised when I was sitting on the couch last night watching a movie with my daughter when someone laid a hand on the back of the couch next to me. My first thought was "Oh how nice someone is comforting me by letting me know that they are there." Then my next thought was, "Oh wait, there isn't anyone there! It's a ghost!" as I watched the hand fade away before my eyes I could see that it was a bony hand of a women with long painted pink finger nails. That is not the first time that I have seen that hand. I saw it only a few months ago in the doorway of the bedroom reaching out to touch my daughter's hair when she came to say goodnight.

Hmmm... Usually they don't stick around that long. I guess I need to check the house today and see what is up with the long time visitor...


Photo by Steve Noyce - Cambridge, England

No comments:

Post a Comment