Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday

Dear Diary,

 Last night I was in one of my dreams when I was awoken by someone playing the Stevie Nicks song "Gypsy" really loud.  As I came to full consciousness I realized that the song was playing in my head. I could hear the words, music, and voice as the song continued playing over, and over. Frustrated that I was awake, as the song kept on playing I decided to check the time by turning on the light. Before I could turn on the light I caught myself thinking that I already knew the time to be 3 am. Sure enough when the light came on the clock read 3 am.

I want to note that I haven't heard that song in ages. I was a Stevie Nicks fan when I was sixteen, but that has been awhile. I have heard the song on the radio, off, and on over the years, but it has still been a while so there was no need for that song to get stuck in my head last night.

As I struggled to free myself of the song "Gypsy" it continued to play without stopping. Trying to find an explanation I went over the day remembering what had happened searching for an answer.  My son had come to visit, and hung out with me in the morning. We didn't have too much unusual going on. We watched a movie, "The Fifth Estate" although I did see someone in the dining room walking by the door from the living room where we were sitting. The lights flickered in the kitchen when I was cleaning up from breakfast. During the movie we paused it for a few moments in which the whole system crashed. My son tried everything, but couldn't get it to work so we moved to another room to finish watching. As soon as I closed the door when my son left I turned around to face the living room, and definitely saw a person walking out of the living room into the office. For me a usual day of things going on.

Twenty minutes later I am still laying there wanting to go back asleep listening to my husband breath as it seemed to anchor me to this world. Then as I lay there I got this scratchy grieving feeling in the middle of my back that spread up my spine expanded into my lungs and then settled in my throat. I felt like you do when you want to cry but are too choked up to do so. One of our pets noticed me, and jumped on the bed curling up next to me trying to comfort me. I was touched, but was caught up in the emotions I was experiencing. Then this overwhelming anxiousness took over as a feeling like I was being warned about something that was going to happen in the future, and there was nothing I could do about it. Fully awake I couldn't shake the feeling no matter how much I tried although the song was only lightly playing in the background. I would say I stayed that way for another twenty minutes, and then it left me completely except I could still hear the song.

Laying there numb I finally fell back to sleep waking up this morning with only a remembrance of the song, and the feeling that something is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment