Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday

Dear Diary,

I have not had any contact with the young man since he left so I am guessing that he is gone. I do know that he had a story to tell me and that it is now recorded in my mind. That  happens more than we think with spirits coming by to share with us. The hardest part is when they share how they died. I have cried a lot with some spirits who I come in contact with as they pour their memories into mine. When they are finished they leave and I don't ever see them again. The only two spirits who hang out with me a lot are my father and grandmother as they always let me know that they are with me. I find tokens or feel their presence in the room as I go about my day.

The good news is that I have been working on my last painting for the book. The book is finished except for the technical parts. For me that seems to be the hardest and one I like to drag my feet on. One of the last things I have to do is finish the last painting which I have been trying to envision for the last four months. I have been really dry with inspiration to create it. Yesterday morning I sat down with the kids to watch an old movie with them and an image came to me within a matter of minutes. I grabbed a pad of watercolor paper and started to sketch not even thinking about what I was doing. Once I was finished I was excited about what showed up.  Now is the fun part of adding color and bringing it to life.


No comments:

Post a Comment