Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday "Happy 4th!"

Dear Diary,

I got to spend some time with my grandfather last night. I am always happy to see him and enjoy visiting with him when I get the opportunity. He is 96 years old. One thing for sure is that my grandmother who passed away in 2008 likes to hang out with him. She is not there all the time but she makes her presence known when she is there. A few years after she died she used to materialize right next to him when I would visit. I loved seeing her as it comforted me to see her. Grandpa even told my mom that he sees her when he goes to bed. Now I see more of her energy and feel her around him when I am with him.

Grandma also comes to visit all of us at our house and she has gone to see my mother in LA. We always know when she is there as she leaves dimes for us before she shows up. After that she makes herself known by brushing up against us or something will happen letting us know that she is with us. The dimes are just a calling card from her. I have thought on occasions about crossing her but I know that she waiting for grandpa and she doesn't drain any of us. To me that is a big flag that she has crossed into the light and just likes to check up on us.

Well we are heading into the 4th of July weekend so there will be lots of family around. I am really looking forward to the holiday and being with everyone. Who knows who will also show up this weekend from the other side to help us celebrate?

Photographs by Steve Noyce


No comments:

Post a Comment